Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Dear Diary,

 4:00 am - I started the morning as a super hero by acting as Kelsey's personal alarm clock.  I roused her by spinning repeatedly in my crate and yawning really loud (a trait I learned from my brother Meadow).  Kelsey appeared very angry with herself for having overslept, as she kept grumbling about Spring Break and pulling the bed sheets over her head.  She seemed a little frustrated with me, which is silly since I saved her from being late for crew practice.  Funny thing is, we didn't go to practice but instead spent the morning cleaning our room and doing laundry.  I coughed up half my breakfast on my crate blanket just so I could contribute. Yum!

10:30 am - INVADER!  A scary woman (Marlette) knocked on our door, obviously here to steal my dog food.  I let her know in no uncertain terms that I was prepared to protect my house by running into my crate and wagging my tail really hard.  Suddenly, Kelsey appeared with a big black dog she called Promise.  I tried to show her all my toys, but she just kept putting her paw on my head and pushing it to the ground. Grumpy old lady!


1:00 pm - I was forced to abandon my PLACE in the living room, as a giant cat appeared and demanded I move out of the prime sunny patch.  If I've learned one thing while at Kelsey's house, it's to never mess with the cat!



4:00 pm - Spent the afternoon at the mall.  It was a hard day; Kelsey kept making me walk on these really slippery floors.  I'm not a fan of these floors; the faster I try to get off them, the slippery they get.  Tricky, tricky.  The mall people are very thoughtful.  They leave many treats all over the floor.   I don't want to seem ungrateful, but perhaps they could leave a few more of those yellow sticks lying around; they are awfully tasty.  However, it is a most unpleasant experience when Kelsey catches me; she keeps sticking her hand in my mouth and taking away my prize. Pout!

9:00 pm - Sat down to watch TV, though I am not allowed on the couch I do like to rest my head on Kelsey's lap until she rubs my ears.  Finally, she moved to the floor and let me snuggle in her lap (If anyone asks, we were practicing proper relaxation for nail clipping). ;)

Ahh, a day in the life of a Guide Dog in Training.

1 comment: