Friday, March 9, 2012

Discussions

On Thursday, I accompanied Kelsey to the Chula Vista Resort in the WI Dells for the annual WTEA (Wisconsin Technology Education Association) conference.  Her students had a trade show booth at the event.  Kelsey was really busy talking to people, so she made me stay behind the booth - by myself :( - alllllll morning.  Occasionally I got tired of napping, so I poked my head out of the side curtain to check out the action and to give a passerby my cutest look.  My efforts earned me a lot of chuckles from the attendees but also many stern words and dirty looks from Kelsey.  So, I rebelled by getting yellow dog hair all over her black table cloth.  HA HA!

After lunch, Kelsey finally let me sit in front of the booth as long as I promised to stay under the chair and be quiet.  I was good until the SawStop demonstration started.  The SawStop is this cool table saw that senses moisture, like that of a human finger hitting the blade, and drops the blade so quickly that you don't cut your finger off.  Instead of using real human fingers for the demo, they used hotdogs.  Needless to say, Kelsey and I had to have a discussion about resisting temptations.  Boy, we sure do have a lot of talks!

No comments:

Post a Comment