Sunday, October 30, 2011

Power of Puppy Persuasion

This afternoon, Barry, Gordy, and I sold Boston Store Coupon booklets at East Towne Mall.  Barry and Gordy donned Batman and Superman costumes in celebration of Halloween.  I thought they looked a little silly and Barry agreed.  He pouted until a nice Delta Gamma girl took pity on him and removed the costume.

Gordy and I adopted a persuasion tactic of nonchalance in order to lure the public in.  Our strategy earned us a lot of belly rubs.  Gordy and I also showed off some of our service skills.  I retrieved my leash and Gordy picked up his Dad's keys; much to the delight of several children.  We also took turns taste-testing the toddlers and babies who visited us.

Exhausted from all of the attention, I took a nap midway through the afternoon.  It was a valiant attempt to lull Kelsey into a false sense of security.  Even though I was 'sleeping,' I still had one eye open and was ready to race through the mall and play at a moments notice... I'm still waiting for that moment.

Overall, our puppy persuasion led to the sale of 40 booklets!  Please stop by and see us this Saturday 10 am-12 pm.  We'll happily sell you a booklet and give you a big puppy kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment