Thursday, October 20, 2011

College Success

Being a college student at four months old isn’t easy.  Most humans take 18 years to get there; but humans have nothing on a smart pup like me.  Therefore, I thought I would bestow upon them and my fellow trainees a few tips I learned about how to be successful in college.

Gypsy's Top 5 Tips to College Success
Taking a potty/play break on Bascom Hill
   
5. Drink lots (of water) - Staying hydrated is important.  It keeps your brain active and helps you to stay focused.  Downside: You have to take lots and lots of potty breaks.  Upside: The cute boys who play Frisbee on the lawns give the best belly rubs.

4. Get Plenty of Rest - Between looking cute and getting belly rubs and accepting compliments and getting kisses and getting hugs and did I mention looking cute, the life of a college pup is exhausting.  That's why it is so important to take a nap anywhere you can.  My suggestion: Power Lectures are the optimum location for Power Naps.  Caution!!  If you snore too loud, which I may have done, the whole class will laugh at you.  Oddly, the professors don't mind the snoring, but if you yawn in the middle of lecture they tend to take it personally.
Napping in Fluid Dynamic lecture

3. Study!!!! - My preferred method of study is osmosis.  It combines two important activities: studying and sleeping.  Word to the wise: Just because they call it a soft-cover book doesn't mean it's actually soft and will make a good pillow.  Maybe I should try this reading thing.  On second thought, who needs to study?  My cuteness alone has to be worth at least a B+ maybe even an A-.
Driving to school

2. Exercise – Walking between classes and through buildings can be exhausting, especially since there are so many stairs.  I love to run and hop up and down the stairs, but Kelsey is no fun.  She keeps telling me to slooooow doooooown, but being slow is for old puppies and humans.  Maybe she should take my advice and exercise more so that she too could jump down the last four stairs.  She said her arm is ready to fall off, so sometimes we cheat and take the elevator.  I like the elevator too, because who can resist telling me how cute I am when we’re trapped together in a confined space?

Outside, off-vest/harness, meeting my new friend
1. Have Fun! - College may only be 4 days of my life, but I plan to embrace it.  Make as many new friends as you possibly can.  On my first day, I even met a working guide dog named Gabby (GDB).  I barked once and distracted her a bit, but her partner was nice and wanted to know all about me.  Someday I want an important job and a partner just like Gabby has.

1 comment:

  1. Your cuteness is at least an A+. Gordy and Barry have other uses for soft cover books - but it is an unapproved use. It has to do with chewing. :)

    ReplyDelete