Friday, December 2, 2011

BIG City, BIG Job

On Thursday, I had a BIG day with two very important jobs:
1. Navigate Kelsey through downtown Madison to all of her classes.
2. Show two potential puppy raisers what fun it would be to have a puppy like me in their lives.

'Working' in the library
To accomplish my first task, I had to ride in a city bus for the first time.  For some reason a voice kept talking really loud at me.  I looked really hard to find where the voice was coming from but...no such luck.  I also had to walk really fast on busy streets to get between classes.  I wasn't a big fan of all the horns, sirens and loud engines, so I got lots of treats (Peanut butter & banana YUM!)  for continuing to move forward and walk nicely.  Also, I can't figure out why everyone kept calling me Brewer/Badger's brother: Don't they know I'm "Barry!"

To accomplish my second task, I got to go out to lunch with one of Kelsey's professors.  He and his wife were very nice.  They asked a lot of good questions about being a puppy raiser.  For my part, I worked very hard to look cute and show off what a good boy I am.  They said they were partial to yellow dogs as their last dog was a yellow lab.  Humph...way to mess with a guy's mojo.

All in all, it was a long days' work but judging by the number of hugs, pets and pictures I took today, I would say "Job well done, Barry."

2 comments:

  1. Guess Barry is a Country Boy at heart - needs to get used to the big city sights and sounds and smells. He'll soon learn a siren is no scarier than a cow mooing at night!!

    ReplyDelete