Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Test Drive

Today, I took a test drive in preparation for starting college.

First, I went to the University Bookstore to get my textbooks for the semester.  It was very crowded, so I had to heel really close to keep from blocking the aisles.  Once I managed to find all the books I needed, I had to WAIT in line forever to checkout.  Every time I would lay down and get comfortable, the line would move and I would have to start, stop and WAIT again.  Being an engineering student is hard work and it doesn't come cheap.  My textbooks alone were over $800!

My next stop was Engineering Hall for an appointment with an adviser.  The adviser thought that I was so handsome, she asked for information on my breeder.  I did my part and WAITED quietly under Kelsey's chair the whole meeting.  The end result.. I learned I only have one semester left before I graduate!  I wonder if they make doggie caps and gowns?

Finally, I got to give a couple of prospective student orientation tours.  I told the bright-eyed high school seniors all about the UW campus.  I even bestowed upon them a few nuggets of wisdom, like they can burn the equivalent of 1 cheeto walking up Bascom Hill.  I wonder how many dog treats that is?

Overall, it was an exhausting day filled with many new sights and sounds.  By the time I returned home, I crashed.  Just to let Kelsey know how appreciated she is for letting me accompany her today, I chose to use her leg as a head rest.  Ahhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment